Chicken Alfredo Pizza
If you are a big fan of chicken Alfredo and pizza, you will certainly hear about the recipe for chicken Alfredo pizza. As the name suggests, this pizza is the delicious mix of chicken and pizza, topped with some cheeses, vegetables and herbs.
It’s normal to order pizza from favorite restaurants, but a homemade pizza is eventually much healthier because you yourself control the ingredients and cooking steps. More importantly, you can add or exclude ingredients that you and your family cannot deal with.
With this mind, we introduce the most popular chicken Alfredo pizza recipe that takes you less than 1 hour to finish. It’s worth trying to serve a delicious meal, right?
Chicken Alfredo PizzaCourse: Appetizers, Main Course
If you are a big fan of chicken Alfredo and pizza, you will certainly hear about the recipe for chicken Alfredo pizza
- For the crust
1 (16-ounce) ball pizza dough, store-bought
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour for dusting
Olive oil, for brushing
- For the topping
1 (3/4 pound) boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup grated mozzarella
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups baby spinach, well washed and dried
1 cup grape tomatoes, red and yellow
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place a pizza stone in center of oven to heat while preparing toppings for pizza (for at least 30 minutes).
- In a large bowl, add in chicken; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat up a grill pan over medium high heat. Put the chicken on the pan and grill until cooked through.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a cutting board; allow it to cool in a few minutes. Dice and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant.
- Add in flour and cook until light blonde in color. Whisk in the cream, reduce the heat to low, and let simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese and season lightly with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface; roll it into a 13-inch diameter.
- Carefully remove the pizza stone from the oven and place the dough on top.
- Spread the bottom of the pizza with prepared sauce. Evenly top with the baby spinach, grape tomatoes, grilled chicken and mozzarella cheese.
- Brush the edge of the crust with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the pizza crust becomes crisp and golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from oven; immediately top with another handful of spinach. Slice and serve.
- Aside from pizza dough bought at stores, you can definitely make pizza crust with all-purpose flour. It might be quite time-consuming but give it a try if you prefer homemade pizza crust