Fried Chicken Pizza
Do you want to combine KFC fried chicken and pizza in one serving? The following recipe for fried chicken pizza certainly satisfies you. To make it at home, you just need to follow our detailed instruction for preparing ingredients and cooking.
Fried Chicken PizzaCourse: Main, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Do you want to combine KFC fried chicken and pizza in one serving? The following recipe for fried chicken pizza certainly satisfies you …
- For the crust
1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed and risen according to package instructions
- For the topping
1 1/2 pounds deli fried chicken strips
3/4 cup BBQ sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 cups coleslaw mix
3/4 cup chipotle mayonnaise
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 lime, zested and juiced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup dill pickled chips, drained
1 cup pickled jalapeño slices, drained
- Place an oven rack in the bottom third of the oven; preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Drizzle a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- In a bowl, gently combine chipotle mayo, honey and lime zest and juice.
- In another bowl: add in slaw mix, top with two-thirds of the dressing and toss; season with salt and pepper. Cover the slaw and remaining dressing and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Roll risen bread dough into a large rectangle and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Spread with the BBQ sauce and top with the mozzarella. Arrange the chicken strips over the sauce and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven; transfer the pizza to a cutting board. Sprinkle with the pickles and jalapeños and the remaining dressing.
- Slice and serve.
- This is an extra note from author. This can be any tip, suggestion or fact related to the recipe