Keto Banana Bread
Another keto-friendly food made with banana to add to your diet is keto banana bread. Despite using many ingredients (banana extract, almond flour, coconut flour, full-fat Greek yogurt, grass-fed unsalted butter…), this bread comes out at 5 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and only 2 grams of net carbs per slice, making it suitable for strict keto eaters.
If you are looking for a delicious dessert that keeps track on your diet and satisfies the taste of your family, keto banana bread is worth recommending. Even when you are not on any low-carb diet and just get interested in knowing more savory bread recipes, give this bread a try.
Keto Banana BreadCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
114 g grass-fed unsalted butter
128 g almond flour
46 g golden flaxseed meal, finely ground
18 g psyllium husk, finely ground
14 g coconut flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2/3-1 cup golden erythritol xylitol or coconut sugar, to taste
1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses totally
2-3 teaspoons banana extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
90 g full fat Greek-style yogurt or sour cream
2/3-1 cup roughy chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Continue to simmer for about 4-6 minutes, until fully browned; stirring once in a while. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a greased or lightly floured 8.5×4.5″ or 5×9″ loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, golden flaxseed meal, psyllium husk, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sweetener and molasses with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes, until airy and lighter in color. Add in banana, vanilla extracts, apple cider vinegar and browned butter and continue to beat.
- Add dry flour mixture into the wet mixture; half at a time, alternating with yogurt. Mix for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and elastic, the batter will thicken as you mix. Fold in the nuts.
- Distribute batter evenly into pan, smoothing out the top with a wet spatula. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until deep golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Check the bread after 15 minutes, and cover with aluminum foil as soon as it begins to turn golden, about minute 20.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing, and cool completely in a rack before glazing or cutting.
- The batter for the bread is enough to make into12 muffins. Choose your favorite type!