Keto Chicken Casserole
Made with chicken thighs, heavy whipping cream, cheese and other ingredients, then baked in the oven for more than half an hour, Keto chicken casserole ends up with providing 675 calories and 6g net carbs per serving, making it a friendly food to low-carb diets. It also tastes so good that it could satisfy the appetite of low-carb and Keto eaters and tease the taste buds of food lovers, especially chicken addicts.
If you are on these diets or just get interested in enjoying it right at home, take a look at the following Keto chicken casserole recipe.
Keto Chicken CasseroleCourse: Main Course, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
30 oz. chicken thigh, cut into bite-sized pieces.
7 oz. shredded cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream or sour cream
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp green pesto
1/2 lemon, the juice
1 lb cauliflower, chop into small florets
1 leek, chopped
4 oz. cherry tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add in whipping cream (or sour cream), pesto and lemon juice. Then, salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken pieces in batches and fry until golden brown.
- Place the fried chicken pieces in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Spread with cream mixture. Arrange with chopped leek, tomatoes and cauliflower covered by cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for at least 30 minutes, until the dish turns bubbly and light brown around the edges.
- Once baked, remove from the oven. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Serve.
- When baking, you may cover the casserole with a piece of aluminium foil, lower the heat and cook for a little longer to prevent it from burning before it’s done.