Vegan Pizza Cheese
The recipe for vegan pizza cheese is a preferred cooking prescription of both vegan and healthy eaters alike.
Made from raw cashew well blended along with a number of ingredients like lemon juice, olive oil, nutritional yeast and starch, this homemade vegan cheese is not only healthy but also tasty.
With this mind, we introduce the most common vegan pizza cheese to make at home. If you are a vegan for years and have an appetite for pizza, you should give it a try.
Vegan Pizza CheeseCourse: Main Course
- For the crust dough
4 cups (600g) all-purpose flour
1 tbsp dry yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (500ml) warm water
- For the vegan cheese
1/ 4 cup (35g) cashew nuts
2 tbsp (10g) nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tbsp (14g) tapioca starch
1 tbsp agar powder
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven 425° F.
- Start making pizza dough: combine 2 cup flour, dry yeast, sugar, and 1 cup water in a large mixing bowl; stir well to dissolve the yeast.
- Stir in 1 cup flour and salt; slowly pour in water. Stir in the last cup of flour and add water if needed. Mix well until the dough becomes soft.
- Transfer the mixture to a lightly floured surface. Punch down and knead on board about 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, pour in the 1 tbsp olive oil and spread around. Place in dough; cover the bowl with a damp towel and let it rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until doubled.
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Add cashew to a blender, along with nutritional yeast, lemon juice, starch, agar powder, maple syrup, salt and water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the cashew cream to a saucepan or skillet. Heat over medium-low heat; stir constantly until it thickens and loose “balls” is formed.
- Place the pizza dough in a 12.in pizza pan. Arrange homemade vegan cheese on top. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove pizza from oven; slice and serve.
- Aside from homemade cheese, you can also top vegan pizza crust with tomato paste, fresh basils and chopped and sliced vegetables.