Keto Almond Flour Waffles
Packed with 401 calories, 13 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and 4 grams of net carb, a serving of 2 large keto almond flour waffles can definitely energize you throughout morning activities. As made with almond flour, almond butter, almond milk, vanilla extract and eggs, they are easy to satisfy your taste while keeping you keto diet on track, too.
Keto Almond Flour WafflesCourse: Main, BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 large egg, separated
1/2 cup blanched almond flour
2 tbsp Erythritol
1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the waffle iron to high heat. Grease lightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg white to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter and almond butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add butter mixture to the dry flour. Add yolk, almond milk, and vanilla to the batter. Stir until smooth.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter. Mix enough so that you don’t have pockets of whites separate from the rest of the batter, but be careful not to break down the whites too much. The batter should be light and fluffy.
- Transfer half the batter (about 3/4 cup, 177 mL) into the lightly greased waffle iron. Close and cook about 5 minutes, until steam stops coming out.
- Once cooked, unplug and let them cool slightly in the waffle iron. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Drizzle these almond flour waffles with some honey or cheese and serve alongside fresh low-carb fruits for the best flavor. Enjoy!