Low-Carb Almond Pizza
Made with almond flour, the following low-carb pizza crust recipe does not only satisfy the eating requirement of low-carb dieter but also teases their taste buds. If you want to make it at home, keep scroll for the recipe!
Low-Carb Almond PizzaCourse: Appetizers, MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 cups almond flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
1 tablespoon whole psyllium husks or flax meal
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
2 tablespoons water add more if needed
Pizza sauce and toppings as desired
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, psyllium baking powder, oregano, basil, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, water and olive oil.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients; stir well until it become dough-like. Add in additional water if needed.
- Form the dough into a ball and roll out between two sheets of parchment paper. Transfer to a pizza pan and remove the top paper.
- Bake at preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the crust is brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Flip crust over on pizza pan and remove the parchment paper. Sprinkle with pizza sauce and toppings.
- Place under oven broiler until desired doneness. Or bring back to the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes more at 425°F until desired doneness is reached.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
- The given recipe is for the traditional low-carb almond pizza crust and the calorie it provides does not include toppings. So, make sure to choose topping that follow your diet like pepperoni slices, shredded mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning.