Keto Apple Tart
Satisfying your sweet tooth with this keto apple tart, of which the crust is a delicious mix of almond flour, butter and ground cinnamon and the filling is made with apples, lemon juice, butter and erythritol sweetener. Plus, it has 7 grams of protein and 7 grams of net carbs per serving.
Keto Apple TartCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- For the tart crust:
6 Tbsp butter, melted
2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup erythritol sweetener
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- For the filling:
3 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup erythritol sweetener
- For the topping:
1 Tbsp erythritol sweetener
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients for the crust. Stir to well combined and crumbly.
- Press dough firmly into a 10″ spring-form pan. Create a rim about 1/2 inch-high up the sides of the pan, using your fingers or the back of a metal teaspoon. Bake in preheated for 5 minutes.
- Combine sliced apples and lemon juice in another bowl. Stir well. Lay sliced apples evenly across the bottom of the crust in a circular pattern. Press the apples down lightly when done.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, cinnamon and sweetener and microwave for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth and brush or spoon evenly over the top of the apples. Bake the tart for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tart and gently press the apples down flat with the back of a spoon or spatula. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees (F) and bake the tart for more 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine the cinnamon and sweetener. Sprinkle over the top of the tart. Slice and serve.
- This apple also tastes good when chilled in the fridge. Choose your favorite type!