Keto Beef Jerky
A “mouth-watering” beef snack of both kids and adults and low-carb and non low-carb eaters? Keto beef Jerky is a good choice. It’s a perfect snack to serve at game days and small parties where there is a hungry crowd. If you have free time at the weekend and plan to make something delicious for your family, give our recipe for keto beef Jerky a try!
Keto Beef JerkyCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
3 lbs top round beef, cut into strips
1 can Cola Zevia
1/2 cup liquid aminos
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp liquid smoke
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp Paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pour a can of zevia into a gallon-size ziplock bag. Add in the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, liquid smoke and seasonings.
- Trim the top round of any excess fat and cut into strips to desired size.
- Add beef strips into the marinade and shake around. Seal the bag (removing any excess air) and place the bag into a bowl so there is no leakage.
- Place the bowl into the fridge for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Once marinated, remove the bowl from the fridge. Pat the beef dry with paper towels.
- Using the bamboo skewers pierce the tip of the meat, 5-7 pieces per skewer.
- Set your oven to its lowest setting and hang the skewers through the grates in the oven so the strips are hanging.
- Bake for 4 hours remove from oven and serve immediately or store in the fridge up to 1 month.
- The baking time might be longer due to the thickness of the beef strips. And, serve it alongside a tasty Keto-friendly salad if you prefer.