Keto Vegetable Soup
Cauliflower, zucchini, onion, chicken broth, cream and seasonings combine together to make into a hearty food for winter, creamy keto vegetable soup. Ready to serve in half an hour and packed with 4.4 grams of protein, 5.6 grams of net carbs and 2.7 grams of fiber per serving, this soup is worth adding to your diet, right?
Keto Vegetable SoupCourse: Appetizers, Soups, Sides, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1.5 lb cauliflower, chopped
1 lb zucchini, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 tbsp ghee or butter
2 cups chicken broth or vegetable stock
2 cups water
1 tsp fresh thyme, plus extra for garnish
1/2 tsp onion powder
sea salt and pepper to taste
1 cup cream
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the ghee in a large saucepan over medium- high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
- Add cauliflower, zucchini, celery and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Add broth and water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook (with a lid) for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and use an immersion mixer to puree until smooth. Add cream and bring back to the heat. Cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with a drizzle of olive oil a sprig of thyme on top.
- For the leftover, you may store it in a food glass container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories258
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 11.2g 56%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11%
- Protein 4.4g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.