Keto Carrot Cupcakes
Keto cupcakes made with carrots? They are not only flavorful but also friendly to a number of diet, including low-carb, paleo and gluten-free. Packed with almond flour, grated carrots, chopped pecans, eggs, orange zest and other ingredients, these contains only 3 grams of net carbs, 5 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein per serving of 181 calories. If you want them to serve at the end of your meal or satisfy the appetite of your whole family, let’s get the recipe for keto carrot cupcakes on hand.
Keto Carrot CupcakesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- For the cupcakes:
100 g finely grated carrots
30 g coarsely chopped pecans
48 g almond flour
30 g golden flaxseed meal, finely ground
2 tbsp spsyllium husk, finely ground
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch ground cardamom optional
pinch ground ginger
57 g grass-fed butteror coconut butter, at room temp
1/3-1/2 cuperythritol or xylitol, to taste
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp orange zest optional
- For the frosting:
1/2 batch cream cheese butter cream frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line (or grease and flour) a muffin pan, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, flaxseed meal, psyllium husk, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Cream butter in a large bowl until softened; add the sweetener of choice and continue to cream until light and fluffy. Add in vinegar, vanilla extract and orange zest and mix to well combined. Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Add in dry flour mixture in two parts. Mix for 2 to 3 minutes until fully incorporated and elastic, the batter will thicken as you mix. Fold in carrots and pecans.
- Distribute batter evenly into pan, smoothing out the tops with wet fingertips. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, until deep golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Check in on them after minute 10, and cover with aluminum foil as soon as they begin to brown.
- Once cooked, let it rest for 15 minutes in the pan before removing, and cool completely in a rack before frosting.
- Top with cream cheese butter cream frosting and serve.
- For frosting, keep them covered and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Or, you can also store them in an airtight container at room temperature.