Keto Chicken Taco Soup
A bowl of Keto chicken taco soup is great to warm up your body and give you some energy boost during cold days. It not only keeps track on your low-carb diet but it’s also tasty enough to satisfy your taste. Here’s the recipe:
Keto Chicken Taco SoupCourse: Main, SoupsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1/2 4’inch jalapeno, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup diced tomatoes and chilies, drained
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, divided
1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
4 tablespoons sour cream, for topping
1 cup mild cheddar cheese, for topping
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Sprinkle half of the mixture over the chicken thighs. Add salt and pepper to your preference.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm the coconut oil, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully add the chicken thighs to the pot and sear then reduce the heat and continue cooking until chicken is cooked fully. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, jalapeno, and green bell pepper to the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes then add diced tomatoes and chilies. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan as the tomatoes release juice. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, until soften and become fragrant.
- Sprinkle with remaining seasoning. Pour in broth and tomato paste; stir, and bring to a boil. Let the soup boil for 1-2 minutes then reduce to a simmer.
- Cut cooked chicken into small bite-size cubes. Return to simmering soup along with butter.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes. When done, remove from heat and sprinkle with half of the cilantro. Top with sour cream and shredded cheese. Serve.
- If you find it hard to deal with cilantro, feel free to swap it with a herb you like.