Are you wondering what to cook on your low-carb diet, like Keto? If yes, you should add the recipe for low-carb pizza in your cooking diary. Made with a number of calorie-rich ingredients, this low-carb pizza is a popular dish of low-carb dieters.
Not just that, the following low-carb pizza recipe takes you only 30 minutes to finish, including 10 minutes for preparing and 20 minutes for cooking. It ends with a homemade pizza that is suitable for your low-carb diet. Worth trying?
Low-Carb PizzaCourse: Breakfast, MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Are you wondering what to cook on your low-carb diet, like Keto?
85g almond flour
170g mozzarella cheese, finely shredded or grated
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
1/ 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (optional)
1/ 2 small onion, chopped (optional)
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushroom (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- In a large saucepan, combine almond flour, mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Place mixture over low heat. Stir constantly until cheese melts and the mixture becomes dough-like.
- Remove pan from the heat. Add in egg, salt and rosemary. Mix gently.
- Place dough on a piece of baking parchment. Shape into a disk. Cover with the other sheet of parchment. Roll the dough out into a 12″ diameter circle.
- Remove the top parchment and place the dough onto pizza pan using the bottom piece of parchment.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Bake the dough at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown. Place pan on a cooling rack. Lower the oven temperature to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow it to cool 5-10 minutes.
- Place desired toppings, cheese, pepper, onion and mushroom or cooked meat on the crust. Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.
- As low-carb pizza provides a high amount of calories, it’s mainly served for low-carb dieters. If you prefer a healthier diet, choose other types.