BBQ Chicken Pizza
The other chicken pizza recipe that is worth adding to your cooking diary is BBQ chicken pizza recipe, a classic form of pizza. Topped with barbeque sauce, chicken, peppers, and onion all covered with cheese, the cheesy and crispy BBQ chicken pizza can definitely tantalize your taste buds even when you are not fond of chicken.
When made with pizza dough bought at store or refrigerated pizza crust, BBQ chicken pizza takes you less than an hour to finish. If you prefer homemade pizza, you should give it a try right at your kitchen. Find out more about the recipe for BBQ chicken pizza here!
BBQ Chicken PizzaCourse: Main CouresCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
The other chicken pizza recipe that is worth adding to your cooking diary is BBQ chicken pizza recipe, a classic form of pizza
- For the crust
1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
Olive oil, for brushing
- For the topping
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 medium red onion, sliced
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a large skillet, heat up some oil over medium heat. Add in onion; sauté 4-6 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook more 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add some olive in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan and spray. Place in the dough; bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the baking pan from the oven. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Spread barbecue sauce over dough; top with chicken, cooked onion, bacon, Gorgonzola cheese and jalapenos. Sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder; top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizza 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven. Slice and serve.
- If you do not eat up the pizza at a time, don’t bake all. Instead, you may wrap and freeze unbaked slices. When served, unwrap and reheat (increase baking time as needed).
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories300
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Cholesterol 15mg 5%
- Sodium 851mg 36%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 25g 50%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.