Pizza Cheese Blend
The recipe for pizza cheese blend is a preferred cooking method of pizza lovers and low-carb pizza eaters. As the name suggests, pizza cheese blend is the unique combination of a number of cheeses in one pizza.
In this article, we introduce the pizza cheese blend recipe of three cheeses, namely Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Parmesan. The combination of the three creates the perfect blend of cheese of that can definitely tantalize your taste buds with the first try.
Pizza Cheese BlendCourse: Main, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- For the crust
3 cups all-purpose flour
7g dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup warm water
- For the cheese blend
100g mozzarella cheese, grated
40g cheddar cheese, grated
20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- For the topping
1/ 2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, gently combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add water to bowl; mix and stir in the last cup of flour. Stir well until the mixture becomes dough-like. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a kneading board; knead well until the dough is soft and elastic. Form the dough into a ball.
- In another bowl, pray some olive oil. Place in the dough; cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let it rise for about 30 minutes to 1 hour or until doubled.
- Heat up the oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add in garlic, onion, mushroom, bell pepper, tomato and salt. Stir-fry for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Combine thoroughly grated cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly flour surface, punch down and knead on board for 2 minutes.
- In a 12-in. pizza pan, add in some olive oil or vegetable oil and spray. Place in the crust dough. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Mix together tomato sauce, oregano, black pepper and onion power in a bowl; spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese and cooked topping. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove pizza from the oven, slice and serve immediately.
- Aside from cheese, you may also spray the pizza crust with sausage, ham, bacon, beef or chicken. However, because it’s high in calorie, make sure to watch your intake if you are on a diet.