Keto Burger Buns
Have you had cravings for burgers for years? If yes, you must find it so hard to give up burger while on a low-carb diet. These keto burger buns will help you deal with your diet while satisfying your appetite. Can’t help knowing recipe? Keep scrolling!
Keto Burger BunsCourse: Keto, Side Dish
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey, to feed the yeast
120 ml water lukewarm, between 105-110°F
168 g almond flour
83 g golden flaxseed meal, finely ground
15 g whey protein isolate
18 g psyllium husk, finely ground
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 egg at room temperature
3 egg whites, at room temperature
56 g grass-fed butter or ghee, melted and cooled
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
58 g sour cream or coconut cream + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, at room temperature
- Line a baking tray with a baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine yeast and maple syrup. Pour water over yeast mixture; stir to well combined. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rest for 7 minutes.
- In another bowl, add almond flour, flaxseed meal, whey protein powder, psyllium husk, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar and ginger. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- Once your yeast is proofed, add in egg, egg whites, lightly cooled melted butter and vinegar. Mix with an electric mixer for a couple minutes until light and frothy.
- Add the flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream, and mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
- Divide dough into 6-8, shaping them into rounds using lightly wet hands. Cover with lightly oiled cling film (saran wrap), cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm draft-free space for 40-60 minutes until the buns have substantially increased in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C while the dough is proofing. Once the dough is ready, bake for 25-30 minutes until deep golden, covering with a lose foil dome at minute 10-15 (just as it begins to brown).
- Remove and let it cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- For the leftovers, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days and toast them lightly before serving. Stuff with favorite steak. Enjoy!
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories262
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Cholesterol 39mg 13%
- Sodium 381mg 16%
- Protein 8g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.