Keto Eggplant Involtini
Another tasty Keto food made with eggplant that low-carb eaters and vegetarians can add to their diet is Keto eggplant Involtini. Eggplant slices are stuffed with ricotta cheese and herbs, topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, and then baked in the oven. Let’s find out the recipe!
Keto Eggplant InvoltiniCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
400g eggplant, sliced
150g Ricotta cheese
50g Grana Padano
50g shredded mozzarella
Red chili flakes
Salt and pepper
250g HK’s Marinara Sauce
- Rub eggplant slices with salt. Leave for 30 minutes in a colander.
- In a bowl, add ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, red chilli flakes, grana padano cheese and egg. Stir to combine.
- Pat dry the eggplant slices and pan fry or roast in the oven till cooked.
- Place cheese mixture on one end of the eggplant slice and roll up.
- Layer the casserole with the marinara sauce, then stuffed eggplant slices, top with more marinara sauce and then the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Add some chopped bacon or shredded chicken to the filling mixture of the eggplant rolls if you like.