Recipe for vegetarian pizza has been popular with those who prefer a healthy diet and those have an appetite for pizza while follow a weight-losing program for some health and beauty reasons.
Despite excluding rich-protein foods like bacon, ham, sausage, chicken and beef, vegetarian pizza still offers a good taste thanks to the clever combination of fresh vegetables and low-fat cheeses.
In this article, we introduce the most popular vegetarian pizza recipe to make a healthy and delicious homemade pizza.
It may be a bit time-consuming but if you are engaged in healthy food as well as eating healthily, it definitely worth trying.
Veggie PizzaCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Recipe for vegetarian pizza has been popular with those who prefer a healthy diet and those have an appetite for pizza while follow a weight-losing program for some health and beauty reasons
- For the crust
3 cup all purpose-flour
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 table spoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup warm water
- For the topping
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/ 2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/ 2 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/ 2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pinch balck pepper
1 can tomato paste
- In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water. Stir to dissolve the yeast and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, gently combine flour, salt, sugar and oregano. Add in egg and oil, mix well and stir in yeast mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a floured surface and knead well until the dough is soft and elastic (about 8 minutes). Form dough into a ball.
- Pour 1 tbsp olive oil in a large bowl and spread around. Place the dough in bowl and coat it with oil. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let it rise for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (235 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Heat up some oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, oregano, garlic, onion powder, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. sauté until the sauce has thicken, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Punch down and knead on board about 2 minutes.
- Spray the pizza pan with some olive oil (so that the dough does not get sticky). Place the dough in pan.
- Spread tomato sauce over dough. Sprinkle with 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Arrange bell pepper, onion, and mushroom over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is browned and crisp and cheese has melted, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove pizza from the oven, sliced and served immediately.
- Although pizza is a favorite food of both kids and adults, and teenagers and office workers alike, you still need to choose pizza based on your diet. A delicious pizza is worth trying but a vegetarian pizza also should be added in your diet, right?
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories397
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 49mg 17%
- Sodium 1291mg 54%
- Total Carbohydrate
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.