Keto Cheese Taco Shells
Made with shredded cheddar cheese, formed into the shape of a taco and filled with keto-friendly foods to your likings, keto cheese taco shells are perfect for busy days at work and study. They certainly satisfy your taste and give you some energy boost while keeping track on your low-carb diet. As contains up to 19 grams protein per serving of 264 calories, these taco shells can also be served to non-keto eaters and make them fall in love after that. Take a look at an easy recipe for keto cheese taco shells as below.
Keto Cheese Taco ShellsCourse: Main CourseCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- For the taco shells:
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- For the filling:
1 pound ground beef
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Pour 1/4 cup piles of cheese 2 inches apart. Press the cheese down lightly so it makes one layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are brown.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes. Lift it up and place it over the handle of a spoon or other utensil that is balanced on two cups. Let cheese cool completely then remove.
- Place the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat and cook until completely cooked through.
- Excess grease and add cumin, chili powder, onion, powder, garlic powder, and salt. Pour water into skillet and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, until liquid has cooked away. Add beef mixture to taco shells. Serve.
- You might top these taco shells with sour cream, avocado, cheese or lettuce. Choose your favorite type!